Ella May Rose, Stacey Wakeman, "Ronnie" Cessna & Kim Wess enjoy the Biscuits & Gravy entertainment.
Girl Scouts finished their display and are happy with it!
Good food; good company! Chamber's
"Business After Hours" - 2015
BradFrankenberry is helped by his Dad,
and brother Adam with 2nd coat of paint.
There's still more.....
Then visit Egolf Park Preserve
Some of our accomplishments in 2013:
A logo for Egolf Park Preserve
Email address established
Raffle ticket sales - all successful
T-shirts with logo sold
New driveway/parking created
Scouts work on:
New pavilion roof & eaves by Wakeman Construction
Mowing/trimming by "Butch" Crawley
First picnic held
Christmas swag sale - successful
Nature trail created - wood chips & pine added
Removal of old dumped materials
Meetings held nearly every month
*Consider becoming a Member
Join in the fun!
The work begins-May, 2013!
WHOO-HOO: Thanks to Scott Wakeman & volunteers, 15 picnic tables were completed & installed 6-20-2014. Two placed outside. Plaques attached. THANK YOU DONORS!
Scouts Levi Felix (center),
Elder Bashen (L); Elder Perkins (R) painting
We're working towards the following:
President Bill Popovich (on right) presenting
check to Isaac Kline, winner of the logo contest.
A Park for the People
Located just off Route 30 (Historic Lincoln Hwy.), Bedford, PA.
Sheryl Ritchey &
dip the ice cream.....
2017 COMING EVENTS:
Christmas Swag/Wreath Sale
watch for additional information
August 26, 2017 fundraiser - successful
Music by: Lizzie & the YeeHaw Gang
It all started in 1929. A. B. (Abram Burton) and Lyda Carter Egolf, Bedford Borough residents, donated approximately ten acres of land situate in Snake Spring Township to the Borough, to be used by all as a public park. A. B., a lumber businessman, bank director, and community-minded citizen had just purchased the Fyan farm on the east side of Bedford. The Bedford community and surrounding area lacked a large outdoor facility for gatherings and the Park soon became a popular public outdoor area with a large pavilion and a safe playground for children. Family reunions, community picnics, and events for the school children were held on the grounds following its dedication ceremony on August 22, 1929. By the late 1970's the Park went into a slow decline. In 2010, Bedford Borough decided to sell the Park. However, local citizens, family descendants and Park neighbors objected and formed "Egolf Park Associates, Inc." (EPA), a non-profit organization. EPA eventually was able to lease the Park from Bedford Borough and in the summer of 2013 began the task of returning the Park to its former beauty. With this new vision and intentions, EPA renamed the Park "Egolf Park Preserve." The original pavilion now has a new roof and has been painted. Brush, trees, and grass is being trimmed or removed. The restrooms were redone and a new parking/driveway was completed by local Eagle Scouts. Subsequently picnic tables and benches were added. Presently we are working on obtaining electricity. A new nature trail was prepared and the 2015 Adult Leadership Class expanded upon it for use by those who enjoy walking, bird-watching, or just the serene beauty of the Park.
One of our bigger upgrades was the installation of electricity in the Pavilion in 2016.
You are invited to come out and enjoy Egolf Park Preserve.
Some of our Accomplishments for 2015
Two large dead trees removed - Borough permission
Stumps also removed
Adult Leadership Class - additional work on nature trail
Kiosk structure built - housing glass bullentin board
Egolf Park 1939 monument repointed
Membership drive held - successful
May Yard Sale - successful
Gutter & spouting installed in front of pavilion
Girl Scouts & Egolf Park hosted Chamber's "Business After Hours" in July
"Light Up Egolf Park" ice cream fundraiser held with
music by John Topper
Permission received to install park grill
Facebook account establised
Christmas Swag sale & mini-Christmas yard sale held
18 dates were reserved for renunions, family picnics,
and a club organization
"Business After Hours" with Bedford County Chamber, co-hosted by Girl Scouts and Egolf Park....7-23-15....both co-hosts are setting up.
Only 16 Awards were given out for 2014.
Some of the 2014 yard sale crew (so tired)!
L to R: Kim Wess, Vera Leydig, Gwen Ray, "Ronnie" Cessna,
(grandchildren), Tom Cessna, and Jim Baklarz.
Nathaniel and Nicolas Semanek help place wood chips on the first phase of the nature trail.
At long last--electricity has arrived at Egolf Park. Here we're packing up after our 2016 ice cream social with the group "Biscuits & Gravy" performing. A GREAT EVENING!
Gwen was thrilled to accept the
Heritage Preservation Award from Chamber President Jim Gonsman on behalf of Egolf Park Preserve. What an honor for the Park!
OUR MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR 2016:
2016 Ice Cream social with music by Biscuits & Gravy