At long last--electricity has arrived at Egolf Park.  Here we're packing up after our 2016 ice cream social with the group "Biscuits & Gravy" performing.  A GREAT EVENING!

​​​Some of our Accomplishments for 2015 

Continued maintenance

Two large dead trees removed - Borough permission

Stumps also removed

Adult Leadership Class - additional work on nature trail

Kiosk structure built - housing glass bulletin board

Egolf Park 1939 monument repointed

Membership drive held - successful

May Yard Sale - successful

Gutter & spouting installed in front of pavilion

Girl Scouts & Egolf Park hosted Chamber's "Business                            After Hours" in July

"Light Up Egolf Park" ice cream fundraiser held with

                 music by John Topper

Permission received to install park grill

Facebook account establised

Christmas Swag sale & mini-Christmas yard sale held

18 dates were reserved for renunions, family picnics,

        and a club organization

WHOO-HOO:  Thanks to Scott Wakeman & volunteers, picnic tables were completed & installed 6-20-2014.    Plaques attached. THANK YOU DONORS!

It all started in 1929.  A. B. (Abram Burton) and Lyda Carter Egolf, Bedford Borough residents, donated approximately ten acres of land situate in Snake Spring Township to Bedford Borough, to be used by all as a public park.  A. B., a lumber businessman, bank director, and community-minded citizen had just purchased the Fyan farm on the east side of Bedford.  The Bedford community and surrounding area lacked a large outdoor facility for gatherings and the Park soon became a popular public outdoor area with a large pavilion and a safe playground for children.  Family reunions, community picnics, and events for the school children were held on the grounds following its dedication ceremony on August 22, 1929.  By the late 1970's the Park went into a slow decline.  In 2010, Bedford Borough decided to sell the Park. However, local citizens, family descendants and Park neighbors objected and formed "Egolf Park Associates, Inc." (EPA), a non-profit organization. EPA eventually was able to lease the Park from Bedford Borough and in the summer of 2013 began the task of returning the Park to its former beauty. With this new vision and intentions, EPA renamed the Park "Egolf Park Preserve."  The original pavilion now has a new roof and has been painted. Brush, trees, and grass is being trimmed or removed.  The restrooms were redone and a new parking/driveway was completed by local Eagle Scouts. Subsequently picnic tables and benches were added.  In 2016 electricity was installed in the Pavilion.  A new nature trail was prepared and the 2015 Adult Leadership Class expanded upon it for use by those who enjoy walking, bird-watching, or just the serene beauty of the Park.

  You are invited to come out and enjoy Egolf Park Preserve.

Good food; good company!  Chamber's 

"Business After Hours" - 2015


Some of our accomplishments in 2013:

A logo for Egolf Park Preserve

Email address established

Raffle ticket sales - all successful

T-shirts with logo sold

New driveway/parking created

Scouts work on:

  • Refurbishing comfort stations
  • Painting pavilion
  • Reseeding grass

New pavilion roof & eaves by Wakeman Construction

Mowing/trimming by "Butch" Crawley

First picnic held

Website launched

Christmas swag sale - successful

Nature trail created - wood chips & pine added

Removal of old dumped materials

Meetings held nearly every month

  • Committees established

Do you like nature?

Gwen was thrilled to accept the

Heritage Preservation Award from Chamber President Jim Gonsman on behalf of Egolf Park PreserveWhat an honor for the Park!

*Consider becoming a Member

It's only $10.00 per household!

Join in the fun!

Some of the 2014 yard sale crew: L to R:  Kim Wess, Vera Leydig, Gwen Ray, "Ronnie" Cessna,

(grandchildren), Tom Cessna, and Jim Baklarz. enjoyed by all!

    August 26, 2017 fundraiser - successful   

 Music by:  Lizzie & the YeeHaw Gang  

There's still more.....

We will be hosting a FARMERS' MARKET 

the following dates:

June 10, July 8, August 12 & September 9

​3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Our first picnic.......

Ella May Rose, Stacey Wakeman, "Ronnie" Cessna & Kim Wess enjoy the Biscuits & Gravy entertainment and good friends. 

​The work begins-May, 2013!

"Coming Events"



(dates to be established)

Sheryl Ritchey & Stacey Wakeman

dip the ice cream.....

Then visit Egolf Park Preserve


​in 2020:

Nathaniel and Nicolas Semanek work on trail.


Scout Brad Hockenberry paints the pavilion.

2016 Ice Cream social with music by Biscuits & Gravy

Egolf Park Preserve

A Park for the People

Located just off Route 30  (Historic Lincoln Hwy.), Bedford, PA.


​                     electricity!

President Bill Popovich (on right) presenting

check to Isaac Kline, winner of the logo contest.

Scouts Levi Felix (center), Elder Bashen (L); 

Elder Perkins (R) paintingrestrooms.